I am a skilled licensed clinical professional counselor and gerontologist with depth and breadth of experience providing counseling, consulting, and case management services to clients in various mental health settings since 1996.
My approach to counseling is strength based, direct, and collaborative. I tend to be a bit abstract and use a lot of humor and storytelling, yet I always remain solution focused!
I use evidence based therapeutic approaches and treatment modalities including, but not limited to: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Theory (ACT), Behavioral Therapy, (A.K.A. Behavioral Modification), Humanistic / Gestalt Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, The Gottman Method, Client Centered Therapy, and Lifecourse Theory.
My professional biography:
* Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with extensive experience providing mental health counseling, consulting, crisis intervention, education, advocacy, and case management services in various settings with clients age 13 and older.
* Social and Clinical Gerontologist specializing in mental health assessment, education, counseling, and consulting; helping seniors and their families navigate the complexities of case management and care planning.
* Community activist/volunteer with Plainfield Parent Community Network, Plainfield South Band Boosters, and Joliet Community Hospice.
* Best selling author, blogger, and freelance writer, and social media consultant; a super connector with a natural talent for harnessing the power of the internet to increase visibility and engagement for brands and businesses. Proven track record for generating high quality educational and clinical content, social media copy, blog posts, creative non-fiction, and essays for PR and marketing firms, online websites, and print media.
* Professional Memberships: Illinois Counseling Association, Illinois Association of Adult Development and Aging, Association of Women Journalists of Chicago, Plainfield Parent Community Network.
24014 W. Renwick Rd. Suite 105 #1
Plainfield, Illinois 60544
Phone and Fax: 630-383-7006
IDPR License # 180.004778